Published on 26th Apr, 2011 in Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Facebook Marketing, LinkedIn Marketing, Online Marketing, Outsourced Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Small Business Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Twitter Marketing
Why you must start with a WELL-ENGAGING, WELL-CONVERTING WEBSITE – Part 1 of 2
- Subscribing to your blog RSS.
- Downloading free report/signing up for your newsletter.
- Following you on Twitter
- “Liking” you on Facebook
- Connecting with you on LinkedIn
- Emailing you
- Calling you
- Purchasing something online
- Does it look professional, or does it look like my 14-year old nephew made it? Many times, our website is our first impression online. So it’s extremely important that if you’re doing business online that you have a professional appearance (meaning a professional-looking website). You wouldn’t show up to visit a new prospect in a T-shirt and shorts, right? Same idea goes for your website.
- Does it have a blog? A blog is ESSENTIAL to a good online campaign for several reasons:
- A blog is your education component. Again, the goal is to establish trust and credibility…that YOU are the industry expert. Show you are up with the latest-and-greatest, and you care enough to share these resources and tips with your visitors. Obviously don’t give away any proprietary information.
- A blog feeds into your social media outlets and syndicates out to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn…again getting your great information out to the masses, building trust and credibility.
- A blog is essential for a good Search Engine Optimization campaign. Content is key to the search engines. Google LOVES new content…relevant content. By providing new content consistently on your site that is relevant to your keywords, you are going a long way to increase your search engine rankings. Keep in mind, this is not the ONLY thing you have to do…there are over 200 items that go into optimizing a website for search rankings, but fresh, relevant content is essential.
- Does it have a free giveaway to entice them to sign up for our newsletter? People get so many emails in their inboxes these days…no one in their right mind is going to sign up for another newsletter. HOWEVER, by providing a great free report in exchange for their name and email address, we can capture leads. Generally a “Top 10 List of…”, “7 Secrets to…” or a “How to….” are great giveaways that people will want to download. If they download the report, obviously they are a hot lead that you can now continue to market to through your email marketing campaign.
- Is it integrated with your social media outlets? Can people easily follow you on Twitter, “Like” you on Facebook, see your YouTube videos or connect with you on LinkedIn? Can people easily share or “Like” content on your site? This is essential to help spread the word and great content you are producing with the masses.