By- Shama Hyder
How well can you define your perfect client?
Use the following questions to see how well you can define your ideal clients. It may be harder than you think!
- Are they male or female or both?
- What is their age?
- What does their family background look like?
- What is their occupation?
- What are their hobbies?
- What is their greatest fear? (Kudos if you can answer this one!)
- What is their greatest need?
- When do they realize they need your services? (Example-when things are really bad or when they want to sustain growth?)
- When are they sold on a service? (Example-after thorough research or after listening to friends?)
- When do they say yes? (What does it take to get them to yes?)
- Where do they live?
- Does it matter where they live?
- Where do they look for information?
- Where do they love to hang out? (Example-bars? bookstores? tech expos? online social networks?)
- Which is probably their favorite genre of movies? books?
- Which are they more likely to choose-
- Coffee or Green Tea?
- Whole Foods or Walmart?
- Yoga or Hip-Hop?
- Coco-Puffs or Cheerios?
- Apartment or Home?
- New York or Kansas?
- How open are they to getting help when they need it?
- How do they think? (Example-logically, emotionally, or a bit of both?)
- How do they learn best? (Are they visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learners?)
- How do they rationalize purchases? (Before, during, or after?)
- How do they seek you out? (Online? Networking?)
These are some very in-depth questions, and while you may not have the answers to all of them, you should be able to to form a detailed picture of your ideal client in your mind.