Is social media your life? Do you physically cringe when a business has a Facebook profile instead of a page? Are you the mayor of all your friends’ houses on Foursquare? You just might be the person we’re looking for!
We’re hiring a social media marketing intern for The Marketing Zen Group. This person will be responsible for researching, creating, implementing, and measuring engaging social media strategies to meet the objectives of each of our very, very different clients. You’ll work closely with the Social Media Lead, Account Supervisor, clients, and all other branches of the company. You must be able to work virtually.
To be straightforward: this is a challenging position. If you think you’re up for the challenge, keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Thoroughly research clients’ social media needs and build from that strong strategies, timelines, content calendars, contests, advertising campaigns, etc.
- Implement the above strategies on a daily basis for a number of different clients
- Acquire new connections and followers
- Engage and retain existing fans and followers
- Build brand equity via social media channels
- Construct a listening framework. The best listeners make the best conversationalists.
- Monitor customer engagement and identify new ways to activate participation and feedback
- Monitor negative online sentiment/respond to negative comments
- Measure the impact using various metrics (e.g., online conversations, tonal sentiment, viral impact, search visibility, views, reach, engagement, fans/followers/subscribers etc.)
- Reach out to and build relationships with (top) bloggers and local community groups
- Monitor and comment on trends in social media
- Serve as social media consultant to clients
- Monitor competitors and industry trends and be aware of changes and developments
- MUST BE BASED IN THE USA (no international applicants please)
- Bachelors degree (pending – ok) in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- Exceptional writing skills, organizational skills, and ability to manage several tasks at once
- High level of proficiency working with popular social media platforms and apps such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, WordPress, HootSuite, Social Mention, etc. (Shortstack and other third-party platforms a plus)
- Understanding of the breadth of tools and methods at his/her disposal to set goals and measure success in the social media space
- Strong ability to forge lasting relationships across a variety of media platforms, and represent brands in their respective online voices
- Proven track record of developed and managed marketing programs
- Experience with one or more social advertising platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Strong understanding of digital marketing performance metrics beyond social media
- Familiarity with social media news sources and continuing education
- Ability to cite examples of companies with successful social media programs and companies with ineffective social media programs
- Experience managing projects and working across large, complex organizations
- Highly organized, detail oriented and enthusiastic
- A creative mind with the ability to think outside of the box when coming up with campaign ideas and new ways of social engagement.
How to apply
Send us a resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com. The cover letter should address your specific interest in this position, as well as outline your skills relevant to the social media marketing intern position.