The Top 5 Social Media Marketing How-To Books
So, who is it that needs to read books about social media marketing? Um, everyone. Or at least, everyone who wants to grow their business and become successful. Which is pretty much everyone. Social media marketing is not just the wave of the future – it’s the wave of today. The wave of right now. And if you’re not making use of it, then you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to expand your business. Not only that, it’s become a consumer expectation that all businesses should have a presence online in social media – so not having one can actually harm your brand. What can you do if you have no clue where to start? The same thing you did when you were a kid in school – find a book and read about it! We’ve found five great resources for anyone, from beginners to those experienced in social media marketing, that guide readers through the ins and outs of this new online world. So take a look – maybe one of them will contain just the information you need to get started in online marketing – or take what you’ve already done to the next level.
5. Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business by Ann Handley & C.C. Chapman You’ve heard that content is king, right? Well, this book will show you how to create truly engaging content, and how to write it in a voice that’s unique to your brand, to set your content apart from all the other stuff that’s out there. It will also teach you how to use social media to convert browsers into fans and, most importantly, customers.
4. Social BOOM! How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, … and Grind Your Competition into the Dirt by Jeffrey Gitomer This book, while geared more towards beginners, is a great guide to creating a presence on each channel of social media, and then using that presence to create communities that lead to real relationships with consumers. And what do relationships lead to? Why, sales, of course!
3. Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (And Other Social Networks) by Dave Kerpen In this book you’ll learn about the ways in which the world of social media is not very different from the real world: you need to be likeable to be able to create relationships. You’ll also see how being likeable online can bring you word-of-mouth advertising on social media, which is worth its weight in gold.
2. The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly by David Meerman Scotts Here you’ll see how PR has evolved into its current incarnation – and peek into the future of digital PR, as well. This isn’t just a guide to social media marketing; it’s an explanation of how all the rules have changed, and will continue to do so.
1. The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue by Shama Hyder Kabani Well, duh! We couldn’t leave this one off our list! This one is the very best social media marketing book of all! (We’re not biased…) It’s an extremely practical, step-by-step guide to making the most of social media in your marketing efforts. From beginners to seasoned pros, everyone will find something eye-opening in this book. You’ll learn exactly how to use each social media platform to connect with consumers and get them to engage with you, as well as gaining access to a bunch of other secrets of online marketing, as well. So what are you waiting for? Grab a cup of coffee, curl up on a comfy chair, and start reading today!