Now Hiring: Social Media Strategist in Dallas/Fort Worth
- posted in: Online Marketing
Is social media your life? Do you physically cringe when a business has a Facebook profile instead of a page? Do you dream of creating social strategies for brands? You just might be the person we’re looking for!
This person will be responsible for researching, creating, implementing, and measuring engaging social media strategies to meet the objectives of each of our very, very different clients. You’ll work closely with the Social Media Lead, Account Supervisor, clients, and all other branches of the company.
To be straightforward: this is a challenging position. If you think you’re up for the challenge, keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Thoroughly research clients’ social media needs and build from that strong strategies, timelines, content calendars, contests, advertising campaigns, etc.
- Implement the above strategies on a daily basis for a number of different clients
- Acquire new connections and followers
- Engage and retain existing fans and followers
- Build brand equity via social media channels
- Construct a listening framework. The best listeners make the best conversationalists.
- Monitor customer engagement and identify new ways to activate participation and feedback
- Monitor negative online sentiment/respond to negative comments
- Measure the impact using various metrics (e.g., online conversations, tonal sentiment, viral impact, search visibility, views, reach, engagement, fans/followers/subscribers etc.)
- Reach out to and build relationships with (top) bloggers and local community groups
- Monitor and comment on trends in social media
- Serve as social media consultant to clients
- Monitor competitors and industry trends and be aware of changes and developments
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MUST BE BASED IN THE DFW AREA
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- Exceptional writing skills, organizational skills, and ability to manage several tasks at once
- High level of proficiency working with popular social media platforms and apps such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, WordPress, HootSuite, Social Mention, etc. (Shortstack and other third-party platforms a plus)
- Understanding of the breadth of tools and methods at his/her disposal to set goals and measure success in the social media space
- Strong ability to forge lasting relationships across a variety of media platforms, and represent brands in their respective online voices
- Proven track record of developed and managed marketing programs
- Experience with one or more social advertising platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Strong understanding of digital marketing performance metrics beyond social media
- Familiarity with social media news sources and continuing education
- Ability to cite examples of companies with successful social media programs and companies with ineffective social media programs
- Experience managing projects and working with sensitive topics and clients
- Highly organized, detail oriented and enthusiastic
- A creative mind with the ability to think outside of the box when coming up with campaign ideas and new ways of social engagement.
- Experience and preference for working virtually. (We are a cloud based agency. No HQ!)
Simply put – We are looking for an experienced and energetic individual. Our clients demand the best, and we are keen to deliver that to them.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND A COVER LETTER TO: HR@MarketingZen.com