Facebook Graph Search: It’s About Who You Know
- It means that your fans have instantly become a referral marketing force for your business – whether that is what they intended when they clicked Like or Share or not.
- The value of persuading someone to hit the Share button just became much higher.
- Adding location data to your Facebook page is now a critical part of any Facebook strategy, because Graph Search is based on geolocation.
- Make your Facebook page as complete as possible. (Beef up the About section, add milestones to your Timeline, and add good photos.)
- Post high quality information on your Facebook page regularly, and encourage your fans, followers, friends, employees, and evangelists to share it through any legitimate way possible. (Email, Twitter, blog postings, and simply asking people to Like a photo or status. Asking can increase your results by 216%!)
- Comment on other people’s pages and posts, and like their pages. (Remember: Facebook Graph Search is about interactions and connections – and that’s a two-way street.)
- Use Facebook events, Facebook Ads, campaigns and contests to give your fans more reasons to visit your page and interact with your business.
- Add apps to your Facebook Page to keep it interesting and give followers more reasons to visit.