Published on 11th Nov, 2007 in Online Marketing
BlogWorld Expo- Insider Scoop-Day 3
The final day was filled with more great sessions and…lots of free t-shirts.
Here are the major takeaways!
The Cult of Blogging by Leo Laporte–
- It is important to create a community that follows you before you ever think of monetizing your blog.
- Monetization (making money from blogs) doesn’t work for everyone-and it not recommended for business bloggers.
- Important to create a persona and then build your platform around that persona. For example, if you are a teen and parents relation coach-a myspace page would work for you. Linked in maybe more your style if you are a business consultant.
- Not everyone will like what you do, and that’s okay-
- Kill them with kindness
- If that doesn’t work-ignore them
- Watch what you post! What you post stays out there…for a long time. Be sure you don’t disclose any personal details that you don’t want everyone seeing.
- Set up google alerts around your brand, around your name, around your site…
- Jeremiah uses the Dove campaign as an example of a company that has integrated their campaign across many mediums and embraced social media.
- Being helpful is an excellent marketing strategy.
- When thinking in terms of social media, ask-where are my clients and what do they want? Where do they hang out?
What Web 10.0 Might Look Like by Tom Frey–
- WiMax-Wifi on Steroids.
- The future is HYPERLOCAL-you never lose touch with anyone and you are never out of options. You are always "linked in."
- Keyboards will be replaced by more display oriented technology
- Your computer will have a personality-not just an interface. It will interact with you.
- The biggest change will be in education
- Free courses to all those who want to learn.
- Teaching requires experts, and as it gets harder to train experts, we will see more computer leveraged teaching.
- One Person Empires
- Outsource everything within the company.
- Very appealing to people leaving the corporate world.
- 45 million people around the world currently work part-time or full-time at home.