Apple Introduces New iPhone 6 and Apple Watch – Catching up with Android?
- posted in: Online Marketing
I’m a huge fan of gadgets and cell phones, so a day of announcements from Apple is bigger than my birthday (now that I’m post-30, that’s easy to say). To be honest, I’m more of an Android guy, but nevertheless, I love new and innovative tech. So what did Apple announce today?
- iPhone 6: Brand new entry into their iPhone line, but this time with a 4.7” display.
- iPhone 6 Plus: The big brother, with a 5.5 inch display. Incredible size.
- Apple Pay: Use your phone with the TouchID button to make payments at retailers that use the payment sensor.
- Apple Watch: The worst kept secret at Apple, the Apple Watch aims to compete with Android Wear. Different sizes available with different wrist-bands to choose from.
Apple usually innovates with new hardware launches. For example, the iPod revolutionized MP3 players, as the iPhone did with smartphones, and lastly, the iPad with tablets. With the Apple Watch, not so much since Android beat them to the punch – but we’ll have to wait and see what the user experience is like.
I’m personally still sticking with the Android ecosystem, but there’s no doubt that these announcements from Apple are exciting. I’d love to try an Apple Watch versus an Android wearable. Android watches have more variety, but which would ‘work’ better?