Adding Vine Video Sharing To Your Twitter Marketing Strategy
- posted in: Online Marketing
Looking for a way to add some pizzazz to your Twitter marketing strategy? Want to delight your followers with a fun and unique way of conveying your message? Thinking of using the Vine video sharing app to spice things up a bit?
Stop right there, and don’t even think about recording your six seconds worth of marketing genius…
…until after you’ve read our tips on how to do it right!
You see, there’s a wrong way and a right way to go about using the Vine app to add some razzle-dazzle to your Twitter marketing strategy. Do it right, and you’ll be giving your company’s coolness factor a definite boost. Do it wrong, and you’ll just look kinda dumb.
We’ve put together a few tips on how to do it right, so that you can take advantage of all that Vine has to offer, without risking your cool.
1. Plan, strategize, and prepare. And any other synonyms that mean about the same thing. Vine only lets you record six seconds of video, people! If you thought it was hard to get a message across in a 30-second ad, this is 5 times harder. (Do the math!) You need to hammer out which one simple message you want to convey, and then decide how exactly you can accomplish that in the time allotted. Whipping out your iPhone and recording something on a whim isn’t going to cut it.
2. Make it clear. When you’ve only got 6 seconds, anything less than complete clarity is going to result in audience confusion. Once you’ve defined the purpose of your video for yourself, make absolutely sure that your followers will get it, too, by emphasizing that message in every possible way. Write an explanatory caption in the body of the tweet. Use sound in your video to explain what’s happening. You can even tweet about your video before and after you post it, to explain what it’s all about and encourage people to share it.
3. Keep it simple. Again – six seconds. Try to include too much, and it will fall flat. A slideshow can be overwhelming if you flip through more than 3 or 4 images. Even having someone speak can backfire – if they try to say too much too quickly, people won’t be able to understand a word. Stick with an extremely simple, bare-bones concept.
4. Vine is perfect for giving glimpses. Long, in-depth examinations? Not so much. But Vine is absolutely the ideal medium for giving your followers a quick glimpse of something in your company. Maybe you show them a sneak peek at a soon-to-be-released new product, service, or piece of content. Maybe you humanize your company by letting them catch a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes in your office. Or maybe you give a quick demonstration of how your exciting new product or service works. You know the old saying – always leave them wanting more? Giving your followers a quick glimpse just might do the trick.
5. Give your video a unique flavor. It can be tricky, but it’s worth the effort. Make sure those six seconds convey the feel and voice of your company, just as much as anything else you share on social media. Be funny, be serious, be sentimental – whatever fits your brand.
6. Finally, measure your results to see if it’s worth it. Let’s face it – with all the different social media channels out there, your plate is already too full. Adding yet another task to your to-do list isn’t worth it – unless it gets results. So make a few Vine videos with specific, measurable goals in mind, and then see what your results are. If they’re successful, you’ve found yourself another way to reach your audience. If not, drop it and focus on the channels you already know to be working.
Have you used Vine video sharing yet as a part of your Twitter marketing strategy? Let us know how it worked for you in the comments section below!