A Holiday Gift – Give Up Your Limiting Thoughts
- posted in: Online Marketing
By: Shama Hyder
The new year is right around the corner, and this is your chance to give yourself the greatest gift. Give up the limiting thoughts that are holding you back. Leave them in 2007, and embrace 2008 with open arms and an open mind.
Here are some limiting marketing thoughts that I keep hearing, and how to tackle them:
- Marketing isn’t my thing
- Truth be told, marketing isn’t anyone’s thing. Marketing is a skill you can develop over time. The best marketers I know are those who continued to try new things and had patience with the results. It’s a trial and error process. You take what works and keep at it. And that’s not so bad right?
- It’s complicated to explain what we do
- It’s not. If it is complicated, the chances are you are communicating the features rather than the benefits. When someone asks me what we do at After The Launch, I rarely mention the word marketing. I simply say "we help professional service providers attract more clients." Marketing is the how. The final result is more clients.
- Technology is too overwhelming. I don’t even know where to start
- One, you probably know more than you think. Two, take it ONE step at a time. The number one reason I see people give up on marketing is because they try to do it all at once. That’s a formula for failure. Take just one marketing step and apply it thoroughly. For example, start your eZine. Work on gaining subscribers and providing quality content. Work at it until it requires just normal upkeep, and then move on to implementing your next strategy.
- I don’t have time to spend on marketing
- Do you want to grow your business? Then you need to make time for marketing. The surprising thing is that often people with the least clients also claim to have the least time to market themselves. Make it a priority to get organized and use your time more efficiently in 2008. Make marketing your business a priority. It is much more gratifying to have to start a waiting list than it is to scrounge for clients. You do have time for marketing, you just need to find it.
2008 can be your year! Giving up your limiting thoughts and embrace your full potential. We are right here, cheering you on!