7 Tips For Successful B2B Blogs
Blogs are an important part of any online marketing strategy, and getting your blog noticed can be difficult. It can also be hard to make sure that your B2B, or business to business, blog posts are successfully aimed and draw in the correct audience. In fact, successful blog posts can be particularly difficult since sometimes it requires more than content for great content marketing. However, there are some common characteristics that B2B blog posts have that can make your B2B posts successful. Read on to learn these seven tips!
1. Always incorporate media. Too many B2B blogs are focused on getting solid content, so they publish text-only blogs. This is boring, even to other business people. Incorporating photos, graphs, and videos will make your blog much more visually interesting and will increase the chances of having return readers.
2. Post regularly. This does apply to all blog posts. How can you expect to build a solid readership base if you post irregularly? Blog regularly, and set up a schedule to help you maintain that regular blogging. Keep to that schedule! But don’t just make up content in order to meet your schedule. You always want to provide you readers with insightful, good content to help them.
3. Stay original. You want to make sure that you are establishing your company as a leader in innovative thinking. You can do this by creating original blog posts that are authentic. Expressing a new idea or discussing how things are done within your company is a great way to stay original. Don’t just randomly through in your SEO either, make sure you’re optimizing your SEO for your business.
4. Use humor. People don’t expect to see humor on B2B blog posts. Using humor will make them want to return because they’ll associate your blog with humorous advice, which many people enjoy. Additionally, using humor distinguishes your B2B blog from the hundreds of others.
5. Quit promoting product. All of your readers understand that you are a company that sells things. One of the fastest ways to lose readers is to continuously promote your products. While you might have something to sell to them, most B2B blog readers don’t want to see a sales pitch in every blog post. You are free to talk about the products and services you offer, but you want to make sure that you’re not coming across as pushy or sales-oriented.
6. Create and maintain a code of conduct. Your blog will reflect on your company, so you want to ensure that the behavior from your writers and readers is always professional. Set boundaries regarding what is appropriate behavior. Creating a code of conduct will show everyone how you expect your blog, as well as your business, to be run.
7. Stay focused. While you should be posting regularly, you should also make sure that your blog is focused on one particular area. Being an expert in this smaller field is smart because it will attract people who feel they can trust you. You shouldn’t be talking about everything, just about what your blog is supposed to be focused on.