3 Steps to Gaining Valuable Brand Recognition with LinkedIn
1. Complete Your LinkedIn Company PageA LinkedIn Company Page can function like a second website where you can display products and services, post videos or photos, and it’s easy to make changes or add updates.There are six possible sections to a LinkedIn Company Page:
- Overview – This is where you make your first impression. Think of it as your chance to make the pitch on why someone should hire your firm (if you’re a service business) or buy products from you (if you manufacture and sell products). Accomplishments, differentiation factors, company positioning: it can all go here. There’s also an Overview tab for company updates, job postings and new hires. (Note: You don’t control whether or not a “new hire” is added to your page – individual LinkedIn members control this through their privacy settings)
- Careers – If recruiting top talent is a priority, then paying for the subscription required to add this page is important – and often well worth the investment. You can reach more than 175 million LinkedIn users, and can see who has viewed your job, as well as how closely they match your job requirements.
- Products – The productions section answers the question, “What exactly does your company do?” It also lets you post recommendations from customers and links to drive traffic back to landing pages on your website.
- Follower Insights – When someone signs up to follow your Company page, the analytics and information about your followers such as demographics, industry, region, company size, and so on are displayed here.
- Page Insights – LinkedIn also displays details on who visits which sections of your company page, and how one page’s visitors differ from another.
- Employee Insights – When your employees create or update their LinkedIn profiles, your company page displays the information about those updates: new titles, who has left or been hired, where your employees worked previously, what skills they have, and which employee has been recommended the most by other LinkedIn members.