3 Great Tips For Getting Started With Google Analytics
- Traffic from your company’s internal IP addresses (so you don’t get tricked into thinking you’re getting more site hits than you are)
- Remote employee IP addresses (they’re not important site hits either)
- External consultants or venders, such as outsourced web development or marketing teams (again, irrelevant site hits)
- Traffic: total, sources (organic, paid, referral), and top keywords.
- Goal tracking: sales, subscriptions, downloads, comments, etc.
- Visitor behavior: page views, bounce rate, new vs. returning, and time on site.